Updated on 01.01.2014
Below are the regulations one must consider when submitting his/her work to be published, and to use the articles already published in Derafsh-e Mehr. Make sure you read the entire text below before submitting your works, or using and republishing the contents of this journal in other places:
• Everyone can have his/her works published in Derafsh-e Mehr; you do not necessarily have to be a student of Mazandaran University. We are very much willing to participate with students from other universities, and generally everyone who is interested in literature.
• You can submit any written work that you find relevant to literature. This includes poems, short stories, plays, essays, and other forms of written articles. You can submit your own original works, or the ones that are translated by you. We also invite photographers, painters, and graphic designers to participate with us _all the rules regarding written works are applied to these art works as well. [For more information please read Features of Your Works].
• Our objective is to make a polyphony of different ideas and opinions, so we will never refuse anybody’s work because it is conflicting with a certain ideology; and we will never censor any part of your works for any reason; but we may sometimes need to edit them (this is mostly a case for the students and not the tutors, scholars, and professional writers). By submitting your works to us you are giving us the total permission to do this.
• We are very much tolerant towards varied ideas and beliefs, and liberal about publishing our participants’ works. But we are very strict about respecting opposing ideas and beliefs, and we will not tolerate offense against any people. Therefore, works that are detected as disrespectful towards a certain person, nationality, race, ethnicity, or etc., or works that suggest tyrannical or dogmatic ideas will definitely have no place in Derafsh-e Mehr.
• The authors and participants of Derafsh-e Mehr are free to republish their own works, but in order to prevent possible misunderstandings in the future, we strongly suggest you to contact us beforehand, and tell us which of your works you wish to republish where. Everyone else must contact the authors of each article for permission before republishing any part of their works published in Derafsh-e Mehr. You can however read, share, and use the contents of this journal for non-commercial purposes by crediting their authors and Derafsh-e Mehr as the publisher. We are not strict at all regarding the contents of our magazine to be used, we only ask you to take account of authors’ right over their works.
• The electronic version of our journal is offered free of charge on our weblog. You can download, read, and share the free electronic issues we put online, but you cannot reprint or sell them. The same as mentioned above, you are free to use the contents of our electronic issues by asking permission from the authors and referencing Derafsh-e Mehr.
Features of Your Works:
• The subject of Derafsh-e Mehr is predominately literature; however we publish a variety of articles which have relevance to our aims and objectives; for example, we are very much willing to publish articles regarding philosophy, psychology, sociology, history and other arts and humanities disciplines. Yet, if you are not sure if your work is relevant to our magazine, feel free to contact us.
• All the submitted works must be original and authored by the sender him/herself _the sender must verify this in his email containing the attached work. [Read the Features of Your Emails].
• The translated articles must be sent alongside with their original versions.
• You must only send works over which you have the full authority. Please do not submit works that are already published in books or journals that fall under the copyright law, and you do not have the privilege to republish them.
• Because we have a limited number of pages in each issue, the works received sooner will be given priority. So, if you are currently working on a project that you wish to have it published in our next issue, please contact us beforehand so that we can reserve some space for you.
• Each person can submit the maximum of 3 works for each issue (this includes every genres of written works and art works; even very short forms of poetry such as haiku). We may choose 1, 2, or all the 3, or neither of your works to be published in our upcoming issue. You will receive an email from us informing you which of your works have been accepted (or refused, in the case that we choose neither of your works).
• All the works must be typed in an Office Word document and saved in .doc or .docx format. Please do not send .pdf documents or other kinds of documents that are write-protected, because we will not be able to edit and use them.
• All the works for publishing must be submitted via email. [For more information read Features of Your Emails].
• Send your works only between the dates that are announced on our weblog and our Facebook page/group. Works received sooner than the announced date or works received after the deadline will be refused.
Features of Your Emails:
• The email should be sent by the author him/herself, it cannot be done by a third party; because this email acts as a contraction document between the author and Derafsh-e Mehr.
• Mention in the subject bar that you are sending your works to be published in the upcoming issue of Derafsh-e Mehr. Never leave the subject bar blank because your email might be detected as a spam by our email provider.
• Your works must be attached to your email as Office Word documents in .docx or .doc format. [Read Features of Your Works].
• In the body, please mention your full name, your university major (and the name of your university if you are not from UMZ), your email address and your phone number to contact you when necessary, as well as the title(s) of your work(s) with a brief description about it/them in a paragraph or more. The description you give us will help us to understand your works better so that we can edit them better and use more relevant graphics in the layout _the description itself will not be published in the magazine.
• Mention clearly that you are the author of the work(s) attached to the email, and you give us total permission to edit and use it/them in the printed and electronic version of Derafsh-e Mehr.
• You will receive a reply to your email as soon as we read it. So, please first of all check your sent box to make sure that your email is sent properly, and then if you did not receive any reply after a few days, please contact us via different ways we have presented. We will read your works and we will inform you about those of your works that we choose to publish in the magazine by the deadline to submit works for each issue.
If you have any questions regarding the terms and regulations above, or if any part of them is unclear to you, feel free to contact us.
Please visit this page every once in a while for updates.
All the necessary information about Derafsh-e Mehr is published on our weblog, at: derafshemehr.wordpress.com